Friday, April 25, 2008

Blogging from my bedroom...

...Ahhh, the perks of being a SAHM...while the girls are napping I may actually get to lie down and relax for awhile! Of course, there are also downsides to my chosen profession. For instance today I looked down just in time to see Curly use a strand of my freshly washed hair to wipe her nose. If you knew how rarely I actually wash my hair in the first place you might grasp my frustration. Another disappointment occurred after I took most of the morning getting ready for a simple trip to the grocery store, got the kids in the car and set off. After loading them into the double stroller (this alone will cause you to break a sweat), pushing it into Publix and finding a way to balance the groceries in the shockingly small storage basket, I made my way to the checkout lane, where I discovered a small problem. That's right. I remembered the sippy cups, diapers, wipes, cheerios, pacies, loveys; yes, even the first aid kit was carefully packed into my 10lb diaper bag. The one thing missing was the wallet with which to make the purchase.
And for those of you I know and love who feel terrible whenever you confuse my little look-a-likes, please, let go of your guilt. Today, I actually started administering Curly's antibiotic to Red at the kitchen table. Fortunately my dad happened to be present and noticed my mistake. Also fortunately those little eye-dropper dispensers are ridiculously difficult to use so I hadn't actually gotten very much out yet. If anyone finds an antidote to Mommy Brain please pass along the secret. Assuming I wouldn't give it to the wrong person.
But at least I get to lie in bed in the middle of the day---sometimes.

No comments:

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com