Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

John 11:25-26
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."

Fortunately, I grew up with the knowledge of the love of Christ and came to His forgiveness at a very young age. I am so thankful for that! However, having grown up as a Christian, it has been easy for me to take salvation for granted, to find the message of the cross to be common place and ordinary, to view forgiveness as expected, even to imagine the privilege of prayer as some kind of right.
Today, Easter Sunday, is an obvious time to reflect on the Lord Jesus Christ’s love for me and the sin I could never have escaped. I remember that the guilt and condemnation of sin have been forever lifted from my soul, that I can look to each day with hope, and face eternity with boundless joy.
Today, I have been thinking of salvation as the BIG blessing in my life. Bigger than any other gift I will ever receive, more than I could have hoped for, and more precious than I even begin to comprehend. It is a gift given in love that cannot be shaken by anyone or anything. My eternity in Christ is secure. That overwhelmingly huge, all-encompassing reality will always be mine. But that is not all that Christ gives….
To take it a step further, I am reminded that every other thing in my life is like a bonus gift. Imagine that! He has given us more than just to be forever forgiven, more than His everlasting presence, more than love that does not quit. He has given us life abundant. Family, friends, homes, food ….bonuses! Laughter, health, skills, safety…..bonuses! Transportation, employment, pets, hobbies…..bonuses!
For me, it is important to realize that no matter what I may face, whatever frustrations, sickness, or worries come my way; my salvation is eternal, the BIG blessing will not be removed. Anything else is just extra and should be appreciated and enjoyed, but salvation is the foundation for it all. Thank you, Jesus, for the big blessing and all the bonus blessings that you pour on me daily.

1 Peter 1:3
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”

No comments:

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com