Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Two little monkeys...

How would you feel if you woke up one morning, looked out your window, and saw that your car had suddenly been duplicated? After leaving only one Ford Taurus in your driveway last night, you are amazed to find a second one, just like the first, parked neatly next to it. You are overwhelmed with confusion: "This doesn't happen often does it?" and excitement: "Now I have two cars, that could come in handy!", also concern: "More gas, more oil, more repairs, more cost." and disbelief: "I can't believe I was the lucky one to find the free bonus car parked in front of my house!"
Comical, yes, but those feelings may come close to the way my husband and I felt when learning at my 20 week ultrasound that I was having not one baby, but two! Shocked, thrilled, and frightened, only begin to describe the emotional rollercoaster we were embarking on as new parents of twins. Looking forward to all that we would experience, we couldn't begin to imagine what having two babies at the same moment would be like! The fun was about to begin and we had no idea what to expect!
Now my little monkeys are 18 months old, and I have to say they are the most adorable little girls in the world. As their mother, I can truly say they are also two of the biggest challenges I have ever been faced with. I want to share some of the things I've learned so far, some of the new things we will be dealing with soon, and the lessons that probably apply to all parents anyway!

No comments:

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com